Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

fanficaddict posted a comment on Saturday 25th April 2009 10:30am

the story is great

Crys replied:

Glad you're enjoying it.

Spidey posted a comment on Friday 6th March 2009 10:04pm

This was sweet

Spidey posted a comment on Friday 6th March 2009 9:49pm

I was laughing at Harry's Naivette at the end.

PennDragon.Inc posted a comment on Tuesday 10th February 2009 11:11am

Hehe .... Harry should have guessed. He is usually the one who gets thrown into strange / weird / horriable / whacky sitiations.

Dustin Hoeppner posted a comment on Friday 30th January 2009 8:58am

This one is funny. I like how Harry was messy with his uncle.

Dustin Hoeppner posted a comment on Monday 26th January 2009 8:35am

this one is good

noylj posted a comment on Wednesday 24th December 2008 10:17am

The only "problem" here is Arthur getting screwed.

noylj posted a comment on Wednesday 24th December 2008 10:00am

The "problem" with all these dreams is that we get to an interesting point and the dumb idiot wakes up or at least stops writing.

Crys replied:

Very inconsiderate of him, isn't it?

OTOH, I'm a big fan of the "fade to black" methodology instead of writing lemons.

noylj posted a comment on Wednesday 24th December 2008 8:25am

Very good, but we still need to know what happens to Moldie.
Always liked the idea of hitting Moldie with a stasis charm or Draught of Living Death or something and being able to take your time eliminating him and the DEs to be sure the job is complete. Actually, in this case, one wizard would not be enough. and muggle men would find a lot of witches after them.

joeBob posted a comment on Tuesday 23rd December 2008 8:05pm

OK, the premise seems a little over the top -- especially the idea that Fred and George would be affected. They are legal adults and not primary in the Weasley succession.

Hermione is not of legal age "Head of Granger" or not. She would need a wizarding guardian's approval (Dumbles or some ministry office).

But, after setting up the straw-man (and OOC to various degrees) villains; it *was* fun to see them get their comeuppance.

redjacobson posted a comment on Saturday 13th December 2008 11:45am

You know, I had an evil thought after reading the story and some of the reviews. I like the idea that Hermione and Ginny had planned to be enslaved, but I'm thinking that Harry was actually in on it! Harry, Hermione and Ginny, with help from a couple of others, planned this, and, to keep Snape and Dumbles from figuring it out, removed the memory until after the ceremony.

Now I just have to figure out why they did it!

Crys, I think you might have more than one story inspired by this little ditty! *GRIN*

red

Crys replied:

Hey, if you want to write a continuation, go for it!   All I ask is a link-back.

Hmm.   Ideas you can use or ignore as you will:

The three want to be together/married, but the parents (Molly and one/both Granger parents) consider them too young.   They're trying to find SOME way for the three to be together and they came at this as a "come at it sideways, think outside the box" idea.   Ron being caught in it was an unexpected side-effect.  

The really amusing possibility is for Arthur to show up about now and shout, "Molly does NOT have my authorization to speak for House of Weasley!"   Effects: WWW is not pulled from the twins nor any of the other Weasley assets removed from the family (Wizengamot seat, Burrow, etc).   Ron, Ginny, and Molly, as instigators, are held to the terms already handed down on them.   So's Hermione.   So, the two girls are still Harry's slaves (which they wanted) and Ron's still indebted to WWW for so many tens of thousands of galleons.   Molly, as she illegally tried to usurp power of Head of House . . . all sorts of punishments could be there, from expulsion to slavery to Arthur or Harry.

Urk.   I'd better stop now before this bunny bites me.   Anyway, I'd love to see your extension of the idea.

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Friday 12th December 2008 4:15pm

A great piece of writing, thanks.

tmorley posted a comment on Saturday 6th December 2008 11:26pm

Some of the reviews say that Hermione is OOC and shouldn't be playing with laws she doesn't understand.

Maybe she understands all too well. Ending up as Harry's slaves was intentional. The only way for Harry to break out from under Dumbledore's thumb is to totally break his links to the Weasleys.

Hermione has wanted a relation ship with Harry anyway, and a marriage between a muggleborn and a 'Lord' would have been a virtual slavery anyway. So She is happy to sacrifce a little freedom to save Harry from DD.

Ginny just wanted to be Harry's anyway 8-)

And Ron getting shafted was just the icing on the cake!

Crys replied:

You're the only one to propose that this outcome was intentional for the two girls.   Entertaining theory and could be a fun fic in itself.

Thanks for reviewing.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 4:54am

LOL at this. I somehow doubt Hermione would be so dumb as to do such a thing without careful forethought but still, very funny indeed.

Illusia posted a comment on Saturday 29th November 2008 1:12am

Oh, this was priceless. Really made my day. I can't understand why I don't always read notices from your updates first :D
I'd really like to read more of this if it can be continued on the same vicious line. *grins*

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Thursday 27th November 2008 11:11pm

Ironic indeed. This would make a very interesting betrayed!Harry story, especially if the magical enslavement included some kind of subconscious conditioning that made Ron, Ginny and Hermione automatically subservient to Harry and driven to reflexively obey his commands. Harry is nice enough that he would be unlikely to be a nasty master, but that doesn't mean that he would forgive this betrayal or allow his former friends to forget that this is own doing. >D

Molly's shortsightedness (and, yes, I have to assume that she is the instigator in this) has destroyed the house of Weasley. Fred and George are right to bail whilst they can. Arthur... well, if he survives the heartbreak of losing Fred, George, Ron and Ginny, he will still be a totally broken man, dependent on Dumbledore's generosity to even survive.

Alternately, this could just be turned into the basis of a rather cheap and tacky Harry/slave smutfic. ;-)

BTW - I don't think that Dumbledore will be interested in purchasing Ginny for Molly. In his disinterested opinion, the Weasleys would simply be reaping what they had sown through cowardice and greed.

LeprechaunJV posted a comment on Thursday 27th November 2008 10:45pm

How's that for irony - indeed.....
Excellent .......

Sannah posted a comment on Thursday 27th November 2008 5:01pm

Ok, that was very entertaining. I loved it. Poor Harry, he has some strange dreams, haha.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Thursday 27th November 2008 6:22am

Hello Crys, This story is delicious. Irony, It is wonderful and I certainly enjoyed your creative and even twisted sense of humor on Harry's behalf. Lovely story. I do not ordinairly read short stories but you have a very special talent with them. Carol

amulder posted a comment on Wednesday 26th November 2008 10:59pm

Hmm, I would have expected a bit more anger from Harry, as in canon he did get rather... testy during fifth year.

But that does of course give some fodder for a possible "Sever 2". By then HJP can be over his shock, and ready to deal out some consequences to his ex-friends.

ie: servants have no place at school, hence Hermione and Ginny confined to #12 Grimmauld place. Ron is indentured to WWW so he can be booted from school also and assigned to WWW under the supervision of F/G.
Picking a new name for them could be fun. I wonder if Harry would like to adopt them into the Black family... And of course to twist the knife a bit he could pay F/G an outrageous salary while giving Ron minimum wage. Heck for that matter, he could arrange to have them buy back WWW (slowly, no doubt, to satisfy the legalities enforced by the goblins) due to the high value of their inventions that they keep developing.

fun bit of fluffy darkness.
thanks