Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

DarQuing posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 11:13am for Sever

Bwahahaha! That's what they get for trying to leave him. :P

They probably would've been better off just telling Harry they don't want to be his friend anymore. It would've been less traumatic. :P

Crys replied:

They're Gryffindors.   They have to go for the big, flashy methods ;)

Dervish posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 10:50am for Sever

This brought a smile to my face thank you Crys

Crys replied:

Always happy to hear that I brought a smile to a reader's face.

DrT posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 10:50am for Sever

Aye, just a dream, but such a . . . judicial and judicious one!

Rick D Gale posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 10:27am for Sever

Can't we get another life debt from Ron when Sirus took him to the whamping willow? Well, I guess working for Harry for the next few centuries well be just as well.

Good Chapter.

Crys replied:

I thought of that, but Ron's life wasn't endangered by Sirius dragging him under the Whomping Willow.   Padfoot was after Wormtail, Ron was just in the way and never in mortal danger (though he didn't know that at the time).

Thanks for the review.

Orion posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 10:11am for Sever

I have a bad habit of not reviewing often enough. This (and the other dreams) are all great. I'm (perhaps strange in that) a fan of 'obscure law backfires on those that try to use it against / works for Harry fics.

gadriam posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 8:51am for Sever

Oh, and a brilliant dream it is. Does it match the laws of Magical britain? Not really. These laws makes a certain kind of magical sense. Does it serve these personalities right? Hell yeah! It left me curious of Arthur, though. I had to read it twice to fully appreciate the sequence. Damn, this was brilliant. Thank you!!

g

Lynn Terald posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 8:47am for Sever

Interestingly ironic.

fountaam posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 8:41am for Sever

Um, I think the only thing that's missing is Mr Weasely coming in and saying Mrs Weasely wasn't authorized to speak on his behalf. lol

Crys replied:

You aren't the only one to suggest that.   You folks really are trying to get me to expand that scene, aren't you?

Thanks for the review.

Joshua Li posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 8:18am for Sever

This is the best "Friends leaving Harry" scenario I've ever read. An awesome take on the idea. 10/10 Crys. Excellent work as always.

Crys replied:

Thanks for your kind words and the "best" rating!

Mikee posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 8:03am for Sever

Oh, I liked that one. I think, of the series, that this is my favorite. Thank you for the laugh.

Bedrup posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 7:35am for Sever

Keep dreaming

Tabi posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 7:34am for Sever

The irony is delicious.

Alorkin posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 7:31am for Sever

OOPSIE! Somebody made a HUGE mistake! While I can see Molly, Ron and Ginny doing something this stupid, Hermione, angry or not, usually does her homework first. Molly is a pureblood witch. She should be at least conversant with the laws dealing with Life-debts.

The Twins could contest the sever, as Arthur, who would never have given consent, is head of house Weasley. Molly's assuming proxy, while legal, is horribly short-sighted.(Trying an end-run around his authority.) Major mistake! All she's done is make the once proud house Weasley look foolish to the rest of the wizarding world. Damn shame. This is gonna kill Arthur.

I wonder if the contract is so immutable as it is made out to be. The twins' solution is inventive and should be effective.

Being the paranoid bastard that I am, I wonder if Ol' Twinkles had 'something' to do with this sudden decision.

As always, A wonderful piece of word-craft.
Alorkin




Crys replied:

Anger, jealousy, and greed can blind the best of us.

Interesting thoughts about Arthur claiming she falsely represented him.   Could be a fun follow-up if someone wants to borrow the idea.

Thanks for the review.

Kruen posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 7:11am for Sever

Great chapter. It would be interesting to see more of it.

Kaerion posted a comment on Friday 21st November 2008 7:07am for Sever

I've seen this idea used in a couple of fics before, but I have to say that this is the best and most amusing resolution to said problem that I've ever seen! Then again, I've always enjoyed reading about people having to pay the price for their stupid and/or thoughtless actions, and if that doesn't describe this little ficlet, I don't know what would. :)

I've really enjoyed all the other one-shots you've collected here, as well, not to mention the entire concept of having them all be weird dreams of Harry's, and this one is definitely up to the standard of what I've come to expect from you. Excellent work, and I'm already looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with next!