Content Harry Potter Miscellaneous

Reviews

Peter Clark posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 7:38am for Raid and Ron

Ahhhh! Evil end-of-chapter point!

Shepherd posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 5:35am for Raid and Ron

Excellent update. It looks like things are about ready to wrap up (unless Voldemort has some tricks up his sleeve). I like the way that Harry noted that the DA raid on the Carrow property would have to be a one time thing, as the death eaters would undoubtably improve their defenses. Too many fics have Harry's allies doing the same thing over and over without the Death Eaters ever bothering to adapt.

Crys replied:

Though all-around evil gits, I can't see Voldy or Malfoy being so stupid as not to adapt to what the kids have already done.

Thanks for the review.

Mikee posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 4:02am for Raid and Ron

As always - a wonderful chapter.

I was disappointed that Molly prevented Ron from being disowned; however, her doing to was truly in character for her. Well done.

Loved the whole chapter ... well, except that it ended on a cliffie. I don't like cliffies.! -sigh-

Oh well ... I'm quite looking forward to seeing what happens next. I do hope you won't seriously hurt, or kill, any of my favorite characters.

Thank you.

Crys replied:

Much as I may have wanted to have Ron drawn and quartered for what he did, I couldn't see Molly letting it happen.   Nice to see someone agrees with me.

Killing any of your favorite characters?   Um . . .

jump_jives posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 3:24am for Raid and Ron

It looks like this story is winding toward its end and I must say that I am a little sad at that as I have loved this story and look forward to every new chapter.

Thank you for sharing

James Barber posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 3:07am for Raid and Ron

oooh nice chapter....so I'm confused is hermione going to end up with neville or harry, I still think it should be harry....

and oh damn but a cliffie, I just hope we dont have to wait the usual 2 or 3 weeks to get to the next chapter....

and oh yeah i think It would be great if after this battle he takes daphne, tracy and of course hermione virginity all in one go in a massive anti-climatic free for all in the potters quarters while declaring his love for all three girls! hey its a guy thing!

Clell65619 posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 3:02am for Raid and Ron

- Oh very good. Nasty little cliffie there though.

- Loving this story.

Treck posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 2:36am for Raid and Ron

You goofed.

How can they use ShieldusMoRonus if MoRon isn't there? :p

Love the update... Hate the Cliff-hanger.

Crys replied:

*laugh*   Yeah, that is one problem with chucking him out.   Less cannon fodder.

Thanks for the review

whatareyouevensaying posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 2:09am for Raid and Ron

Very interesting update. It's a pity you decided to have Ron sink to such a level, but since he'd already been viewing two people as mere property, he didn't have that much more falling left available to him.

Looking forward to more.

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 2:02am for Raid and Ron

Very nice! I'm startled (but pleased!) at just how quickly we've moved forward the plot in this chapter. Just one more chapter to go?

Crys replied:

Two chapters to go

Thanks for reviewing

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 1:43am for Raid and Ron

An interesting chapter. Things are pretty obviously heading towards a climax here.

I am sure that you will get complaints about Ron in this chapter. However, the thing that should be remembered is that he was acting in-character in the terms of this story. I don't know if it was hormones, greed or just a bit of pureblood arrogance coming out at the wrong time, but Ron's jealousy just got the better of him with tragic consequences.

I do like your maturing Harry and your more forceful Neville. His response to Harry preventing him from getting into the Medical Wing was interesting. Is he interested in Hermione? ;-)

There are still lots of threads in this story that need to be tied off so, irrespective of the outcome of the assault in the next chapter, I imagine that there is quite a bit left to see.

This is a very interesting and challenging story. What I like about it is that Harry is picking his fights. He is not stamping all over convention because he has worked out that this would be counter-productive. This is a realistic approach that immediately sets this aside from most similar stories in the fandom. You can also see how continual close association with two intelligent Slytherins has changed Harry's outlook and ways of doing things.

Very good job! :-)

BenRG's Rating: 8/10

Crys replied:

Yeah, a few complaints on Ron's behavior, but many also recognize the same thing you did.   All I did was exaggerate one or two of his less appealing personality traits, throw him into a situation that highlighted them, and then let him stew for a few months.   His reaction is ugly, but it's, IMNSHO, in character.

Glad all of you are seeing the subtle flirting between H  & Hr and N & Hr.   As for who she's going to end up with?   Sorry, not telling.

Thank you for reviewing.

tomandeva posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 1:00am for Raid and Ron

So, we've arrived at 'the battle'. I do hope that you will continue the story after that, not just leave us with a summary epilogue. I am most interested in reading your vision of how Harry, Tracey, and Daphne interact as adults with, as you say, a "society that could turn the girls into chattel and not see the inherent problem with that".

I also have to disagree with Harry's claim, "I'm not generally around people who feel chattel are a part of a reasonable society." If most of Magical Britain did not feel that chattel were acceptable, then Chattel Marriages would have been outlawed. He must be surrounded by people who at least accept the idea, even if they don't embrace it - Rons without the anger, if you will. I hope you will be exploring how Harry, Tracey, and Daphne will interact with this group.

mwinter posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 12:34am for Raid and Ron

So, are you getting Hermione with Neville or Harry? Whats with the two week wait in between, hum?

Crys replied:

Now why would I tell you just who I'm pairing Hermione with?   If you knew that, you may not read to the end.

The two weeks is just to be consistent from one chapter to the next.   Gives me plenty of time to edit the next chapter before posting it.

Thanks for reviewing.

dragyn posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 12:31am for Raid and Ron

Dirty Dueling Deeds, is that the one by Dundurt Tchiep?

I may not be a regular commenter, but I have been enjoying this. Quick spelling comment (I wouldnt mention it, but it was italicized, like 'look at my spelling!')

"these two who I'm legally responsible for, where..." should be 'were'. Like I said, it was nice and italicized :)

Crys replied:

Yeah, that was one of the contributing authors to that particular book.

Good catch.   Thank you for pointing it out.   Spelling fixed.

And the italization was for a audible emphasis by Harry, not the author to point out his inability to spell.

Thanks for reviewing

Orion posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 12:28am for Raid and Ron

Great! Can't wait to read the coming battle.

As for Ron, I tend to be OK with either version of Ron. Good friend or total jerk. In fact it tends to be the 'lukewarm' friend Ron in some fan fiction that bugs me. He's too intense in his beliefs and habits to not be on either extreme end of the spectrum.

Thanks for writing!

Crys replied:

I'm glad someone "likes" this version of Ron.   I never could understand JKR's usage of Ron in the series.

Thanks for reviewing.

Stygius posted a comment on Friday 25th September 2009 12:02am for Raid and Ron

Harry was way too calm with what happened with Hermione... this is someone he 'loves'... and to hear of such an attempted act, well, regardless of what he has learned or how he has changed... finding about your friends near rape, leave you vengeful and raw. and harry is raw red hot gryfindor... so that surprised me...

interesting to see hermione participating with the attack... and is harry not doing exactly what Hermione and Neville did behind his back... a bit hypocritical (though i guess he is somewhat better prepared).

should be interesting